If you want to arrange a baptism please see Fr Philip after Mass on Saturday evening or Sunday morning.
The start of something very special
Our Baptism Preparation Team
Fr. Philip Inch
Holy Rosary Presbytery
Liverpool L10 2LG
Tel: 0151 526 8468
The beginning of a new life is exciting; it can also be a little frightening.
You will have already prayed that your baby will grow safe and well.
It is now time to think about Baptism.
Baptism is a time of celebration. It is something for you and your family, but it is also a special time for all the other members of the Church because the Church is to welcome new members.
Baptism is a time for you to grow in faith. You may be doing this week by week as you live out and celebrate your faith, but for some we recognise that this growth may have been stunted by things out of your control or by personal times of hardship. Maybe at times people in the Church have not always lived up to the gospel of love and this has “put people off”. The baptism of your child may be an opportunity to renew your Christian faith and begin again.
When your child is baptised you embark with them on a life-long journey of intimacy with Jesus. There will be special times on that journey and we will walk the path with you.
You may be anxious if you’ve been out of touch with church for a while, or if you or your partner is not a Catholic or if you are a single parent or if you are just not sure.
We hope that you will feel welcome and part of the community that is the Catholic Church of Holy Rosary.
If you have any questions or just want to chat please use this time now.
• Arrange to see Fr Philip to book a date for your child’s Baptism. (It is best not to make any other arrangements until you have been given a date.)
• Baptisms are usually at 12 noon on a Sunday. The Welcome Mass will usually be the 1st Sunday of the month.
• Fr. Philip will tell you about the Baptism Preparation meeting, led by our Baptism Catechists. This is just one session, for parents, at the start of the month of the baptism of your child. It takes place on a weekday evening (Tuesday) after the Mass of Welcome. It is held in the Church Meeting Room between the Presbytery and the Church. It will last about an hour! It begins at 7.00pm.
• The Welcome Mass is usually at 10.30am on a Sunday. At this Mass you will state your intentions to bring your child up in the practise of the faith. The parish community on behalf of the whole Catholic family will welcome your child into the household of Christ.
• You must come to the Mass of welcome as it is the start of the Baptism, if you are unable to come we will have to find a new date for the Baptism.
• A few weeks later you, your child, the Godparents and guests will come to the Church for the celebration of the Baptism. The usual day and time for Baptisms is Sunday at 12.00 noon.
• How much does it cost? Baptism is a gift from God – but if you can make a donation towards the costs of running the Church it would be greatly appreciated.
• We look forward to celebrating Baptism with you.